Monday, January 21, 2008

New Chandelier




Last week when my realtor walked through the house she commented on the light in the dining room. She said something like, "I remember you used to have a nice chandelier here. Now it looks like someone just went out and bought something cheap to replace it." Well, that someone was me. The X took the old chandelier that was there, since it was actually hers from before we were married. So after she moved out I went out to Home Depot and bought something that looked okay, thinking I didn't want to spend too much since I was going to be selling the house anyway.

Now, after seeing the room through my realtor's eyes, I realize that the fixture I had bought really did look cheap, and that if we (my realtor and I) want to get top dollar for the house, there should be a much better fixture in the dining room - like a chandelier.

So, after work today I stopped by a lighting store and it didn't take long before I saw the perfect fixture. I didn't want something that hung down too low, and I liked the way this fixture cast shadows around the room. Now that its installed, its even better! The shadows on the ceiling are exquisite and it gives the room a whole new look. I love it!

So after I sell the house, should I put the old fixture back up and take the new one with me? :-)

3 comments:

What_happened? said...

Like I said, depends on if it fits in your new house's style.

andygoose said...

I hope we get a picture of you swinging from it before you move...

Don said...

I think it depends on how much more the light brings in on the sale price of your home! It could bring enough to buy another one for your new place!