Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Birthday

Leo's birthday party is planned for Saturday. Its going to be at an indoor playground with 10 of his friends. There would be more kids attending had it not been for one of his classmates also having a birthday party on the same day. But that's okay - he's still going to have a great time.

Funny how winter birthdays kinda limit you to what you can do. One of Leo's friends was born in August, and they had a pool party last year. Another friend was born in June. And although she had a bowling party last year, the month of June still allows more choices.

I asked Leo what he wanted for his birthday - he said a NASCAR cake. And more 'NASCARs'. A few weeks ago he was asking for NASCAR trucks as he saw a video of them on the computer. That's it - all NASCAR. So, he's gonna get what he wants. But NASCAR parties for 5-year-olds aren't that easy to plan. I found some NASCAR-themed party favor bags, but no favors. And they had plates, cups and napkins, but those are already going to be supplied by the indoor playground. But I found a #5 small NASCAR to put on his cake, so that made me happy, as it will Leo I'm sure.

1 comment:

What_happened? said...

I wish I could have a Nascar party too.

No, I'm kidding - please don't use that against me.