Monday, March 24, 2008

Out of state

I tried to call the boys at their mother's house on Saturday night. There was no answer and I had to leave a message. Then, on Sunday night, I tried calling again. No answer - this time I left a message saying I would call back in half an hour. After 30 minutes, I tried again. Again, voicemail. I wanted to wish the boys a Happy Easter.

Then, about 30 minutes later, the phone rings. Its Leo on Karen's cell phone. We had a good chat - until he said he was at Nana's house. I stayed calm and continued talking to Leo. He had a fun day - got chocolate bunnies for Easter. Then I talked to Daniel, but it was late and he was very tired. Then we said good night.

So, here's the part that got me mad. She never told me she was taking the boys to her mother's house for the weekend. Her mother lives on Long Island - in New York. By doing this, she violated the terms of our divorce agreement. It specifically says that neither party can remove the children from the state without advance notice to the other party of at least seven days, and must provide the other party with the locations where they will be with contact phone numbers.

So, now I have to write her another e-mail about something she has done which goes against our agreement. I know it was only to her mother's, and I'm sure the boys had a good time. But something could have happened, and I would of had no idea they were even out of state.

2 comments:

What_happened? said...

I guessed it, didn't I?

Is this something you could talk through the PC about instead of sending her an email directly?

Karie said...

I don't blame you for being upset. You are exactly right. I agree with K...can you bring it to the PC?