Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday 2007

So, I went out early and shopped. Wasn't really planning on getting going too early, but I woke up around 5:00 with a nasty cough (maybe it was from all of the wine I drank at Sandy's - finally catching up to me). So I decided to go ahead and make an early start. Besides, Kohl's had already been open for an hour!

I arrived at Kohl's around 5:30 and there were already quite a few cars in the parking lot. (Game Stop wasn't open yet, but there was a long line of people - must have been some sale for a new video game or something.) I expected to be frustrated by the hordes of people in the store, but it really wasn't too bad, except for the length of the checkout line.

My next stop was the Hanover Mall - Macy's, KB Toys, AC Moore and Wal Mart. I stuck with the sale items and coupons and did very well. Then it was on to Braintree, where I had a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon and there was still an early bird sale at KMart. I got everything I was looking for except the new bike for Leo as KMart had already sold out of them. Since the weather won't be nice enough for bike riding again until April, I think it will be OK to wait until then to get him his new bike. I also think I may already have enough for him so he shouldn't mind. I'll just have to listen closely to him when he's on Santa's lap to see what else he asks for . . .

I then went over to Borders for some much-needed coffee, then browsed through the books to get a few new Christmas stories for the boys. Overall, not a bad morning, and I've got all of my Christmas shopping done, except for maybe an item or two that I may pick up over the next few weeks.

My haul:

3 comments:

andygoose said...

Did you get to punch any little old ladies???

kpett said...

No - didn't have to wrestle anyone for the last Elmo doll. Actually, everyone that I saw was well-behaved!

What_happened? said...

We move in the same circles! I did Old Navy in Hingham at 5am, then to Walmart in Weymouth, Kohls, then the Hanover Mall to finish off.

Oh, and I am sick, so you may want to refrain from coming to get some pie. Then again, it will all be gone soon too...