Thursday, October 25, 2007

Arrrrrrgh!

Daniel is testing me! He's approaching his 3rd birthday and has decided to NOT do anything I ask him to do. His favorite word the past 2 days has been "No"! So he didn't eat any dinner tonight (pizza, one of his favorites), and sat there and watched as Leo finished all of his, as well as dessert. He wouldn't take a time out. He wouldn't go upstairs (I had to carry him), he wouldn't take a bath (I undressed him and put him in the water), then had to put him to bed multiple times. When I try to ignore him, he finds me and asks to be carried. When I say no, he throws himself on the floor. When I give him a hug, he tells me he loves me, then goes and throws some toys on the floor. As if he needs more attention . . .

I remember when Leo did the same thing. Frustrating for sure, but I know he'll outgrow it soon, as Leo did. Just have to get through it without any permanent damage!

No comments: