Saturday, October 27, 2007

Shoes

So, the boys got new shoes today. Did they really need new shoes? No. Then why did we go? Well, there were a few reasons:

1. Daniel is wearing the black spiderman costume for Halloween this year (at Leo's insistence) and he didn't have any black shoes.

2. Leo only has 2 pairs of shoes that fit, and they are both tennis shoes (one of which he doesn't want to wear).

3. Their mother asked me to buy them.

Now, 1 makes sense - you can't have a black costume with tan colored shoes!

As for 2, Leo can be a pain when he decides he doesn't want to wear something anymore. And the only other pair of shoes he has is Thomas the Tank Engine tennis shoes. The pair he doesn't want to wear are blue, so they go with his Spiderman costume. I'll find out tomorrow whether he will wear them or not.

Which leads us to 3. When I was married, many times it was easier to just do what she asked, no matter whether whatever it was was needed or not. So is this a sign that I haven't let go of that? I would say not because if it weren't for 1 and 2 above, I wouldn't have bought new shoes just because she asked me to.

Oh, and there was also no way I was going to get out of the shoe store without buying both of them new shoes!

No comments: