Wednesday, December 26, 2007

27 Mhz

Wow, what a Christmas. The boys were very excited - but were so tired from a late Christmas Eve party that they slept until 7. They still didn't understand the concept of the stockings, which they skipped in favor of the bigger presents under the tree.

There were a few gifts from relatives that were a little young for them, so I think I'm going to save those for Toys for Tots next year. Just about everything else they got they absolutely love. Its funny, sometimes its the less expensive gifts that they really go for. I got Daniel a LeapPad and Leo a Leapster, and they aren't really too interested in them right now.

Instead, their favorite toys are the remote control monster trucks. I got the first one on a super sale at Kohl's on Black Friday (at 5:30 am!) and it didn't cost too much. Then, later in the day while at Wal Mart, I bought the second one, also on sale. I thought I was smart by getting different types of trucks that they would be able to play with them together (knowing that remote controls for the same kinds of trucks wouldn't allow them both to play at the same time). Well, I was foiled! It turns out that both trucks run on 27 Mhz - meaning that the remote controls for both trucks can run either truck, and that if they are both on at the same time then neither of them can really run their truck separately. I looked back through the instruction book and found that you can also get trucks that run on 49 Mhz. So it looks like I will need to go out and get another truck so that they can play with their trucks together.

4 comments:

What_happened? said...

oooh - a monster truck.

andygoose said...

25mhz really? I've seen 27 and 49...we had that problem years ago. There are also some that let you switch between multiple channels...

What_happened? said...

Oh - and I love the t-shirts. :)

I bet they came from somewhere cool..

kpett said...

OK Andy, I went and looked at the trucks and sure enough, they are 27 Mhz, not 25. So, I've gone back and edited the blog. Is that a Blogger no-no?