Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Tree

So, the Christmas tree is up. Leo and Daniel were excited the past couple of days as I was preparing them for today. Both of them wanted to be my 'helpers'. So after breakfast, I got the tree out of the basement and began putting it together. Now, as artificial trees go, this one's pretty easy. But Leo still got impatient as he was demanding to be the one to put the star on top.

I finished assembling it and turned the lights on - and Leo and Daniel clapped their hands. I soon found the star in the ornament box, then both Leo and Daniel each had a turn putting the star on top (with me holding them up high so they could reach). Of course, later in the day I had to re-do the star to make sure it would stay.

We then began putting ornaments on the tree, which the boys soon got bored of, so we called it quits, got dressed, then went to the store to buy some new waterproof mittens. After lunch and naps, we visited a friend of mine, then had dinner, baths, bedtime stories, and Leo and Daniel were soon in bed asleep. That's when I finally got around to finishing the tree.

2 comments:

What_happened? said...

It looks nice - I am not too far behind you! I have my lights out front already...

Don said...

That's a great looking tree! You and the boys did a fine job!

The first Christmas I had with my son was when he was 12. I remember him telling me "You know, I'm onto this Santa thing."

Having been through the "Tooth Fairy" thing with him, forcing him to pretend he knew nothing so I could sneak up and do the deed, I looked at him and said "Really? Where I come from, if you don't believe, you don't receive."

He's 15 now and still makes lists to Santa. ;)

Enjoy these times with your little guys. Before you know it, they'll be on to the things that make childhood magical.