Sunday, August 26, 2007

Away

Its nice to be away - I definitely needed the break from the day-to-day stress I've been going through.

I've been able to spend time catching up with my mom and brother while all of my cousin's final wedding preparations are in full gear. Its a lot easier to talk about things in person than over the phone. And although my brother and I have had a few rocky spots in our past, whenever we get together he's great, and we're able to go forward with a better relationship. My mom never wants to interfere in my life but is always available to talk to - which is nice to know she's there for me. We're also now making plans for her next visit to Boston.

So, although I wish I would have been able to go to the Marshfield Fair and the soup kitchen this weekend (I hope you guys go), there will be more fun events for us all to share in the future. Besides, its been a treat to get caught up with my aunt and my cousins and be here for Katie's wedding. But its also nice to just be *away*.

No comments: